Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Who gets your money?

On Wed 13 Sep at 9:59pm Chuggers in Lewes. wrote:
It appears that if you sign up to a charity and the person is not a employee of the charity,the first 115% of your donation goes to the chugger and their agency. Check that the person you are talking to, is a member of staff from the charity you want to support.
On Wed 13 Sep at 10:34pm Webbo wrote:
How is that even possible?
On Wed 13 Sep at 10:57pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
Good work if you can get it. Hell of a return.
On Thu 14 Sep at 5:10am Billy wrote:
Its that magic money tree.
On Thu 14 Sep at 6:26am Madame x wrote:
V possible, if you sign up 100 then 115 goes to the chugger obv
On Thu 14 Sep at 7:17am Monsieur Y wrote:
Mais oui !it is how we have stuffed you Anglais all through the EU and Common market before. And still we will after your brexit farce,
On Thu 14 Sep at 8:11am Eric wrote:
I don't call them Chuggers. I call them Chunts.
On Thu 14 Sep at 12:37pm Shrugger wrote:
Where does the 15 come from?
On Thu 14 Sep at 12:57pm Chuggers in Lewes. wrote:
The 115% is based on repeated annual or monthly donations, so on a monthly donation, the agency gets approximately the first 14 months.
On Thu 14 Sep at 1:45pm bobobob wrote:
Not the first to say it but if you are approached by a collector on the streets and are interested in making a regular donation don't do it there. Go online later and set it up so more goes to the charity.
On Thu 14 Sep at 4:05pm Shirley wrote:
There's a total lack of transparency, isn't there.

On Thu 14 Sep at 4:25pm Deja Vu wrote:
A fundraiser is legally obliged to point out ("point out", not "tell you if asked") if they are paid for fundraising.
If they don't I would suggest reporting whoever they work for to the PFRA, sounds a bit extreme doing so, but if paid they are a marketer not a fundraiser and they're scamming you out of a considerable amount of money by not telling you where the money goes.
On Thu 14 Sep at 4:55pm @bobobob wrote:
@bobobob, unless the person is employed directly by the charity, and there is a membership pack involved, its cheaper for the charity to hand it out there and then, rather than post it.
On Thu 14 Sep at 5:11pm Clifford wrote:
@bobobob wrote: '... its cheaper for the charity to hand it out there and then, rather than post it.'

And how about the exciting new invention e-mail with attachments? How expensive is that?
On Thu 14 Sep at 6:33pm @bobobob wrote:
Clifford, you can not e-mail membership packs.
On Thu 14 Sep at 6:42pm Billy Sugger wrote:
Wots a chugger ?
On Fri 15 Sep at 9:29am Clifford wrote:
@bobobob wrote: 'Clifford, you can not e-mail membership packs.'
Really? So you've not seen the job application packs that consist of a series of pdf files? Or the National Trust membership pack? Or, just as another example, the Allianz Worldwide Care membership pack?

Check it out here »
On Fri 15 Sep at 7:06pm @bobobob wrote:
Clifford, good point, I was referring more to extensive packs that include cuddly toys, bug finders, or interactive educational packs, reserve guides, etc etc.

On Fri 15 Sep at 7:42pm curriedFavour wrote:
@billy sugger It's short for Charity Mugger, those irritatingly enthusiastic clipboard wielding types after your cash by making you feel bad and unalturistic.
On Fri 15 Sep at 9:54pm Tom Pain wrote:
The money that you give to charities and their agents is a drop in the ocean compared to that which you have given to the banksters via inflation, bailouts and the rest of their untransparent devices. First things first, find out who's got the cake before you worry about the crumbs. The swindle is so big you can't see it. All the political parties are in on it by ignorance or design. For goodness sake wake up so I can shut up.

17 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Cross 45:136
Keere Street Cross

@Canny
How is there a realignment of weaith goi.g on?
We are in times of austerity, no?
Please elaborate, I don't understand... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV