Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Correct use of word trolling

On Mon 11 Sep at 7:42pm Admirer wrote:
Please refer to the final post under the thread 'weird midification'.
Thank you.
On Mon 11 Sep at 7:44pm Admirer wrote:
I mean 'weird moderation'!
That was my irritating predictive text.
On Mon 11 Sep at 8:00pm Tony hawkes wrote:
Is it wierd or weird? And just for the record he is tool not a troll. A tool that is fond of the troll emoticon for some reason.
On Mon 11 Sep at 8:41pm Pedro wrote:
@Tony Hawke. Jeez, another username/alias? Use of multiple anonymous accounts in an attempt to insult forum members, is also the hallmark of a troll.

I can say with a straight face, I only use this username. I see no point to do what you do. Its just odd.
On Mon 11 Sep at 10:17pm Horseman7 wrote:
I like the sound of 'midification'.
On Tue 12 Sep at 9:14am Corswain wrote:
Actually, that's not the definition of a troll at all. A troll is someone who posts inflammatory statements in an attempt to get a reaction from others or to derail discussions.

The person or people who post all the extreme right wing nonsense on here are trolls because they're doing it to wind people up and get a reaction.

Pedo is a troll because he cannot participate in any discussion without changing the subject round to being about himself. Also possibly deliberately posting like an idiot to get a reaction, can't tell if it's trolling or aspergers, it's definitely one or the other though.

But yeah, being a troll is being annoying deliberately, not just hurling abuse at people. The endgame of trolling is generally trying to get people so angry they hurl abuse at you so in that respect, Pedo is very good at it, whether intentionally or because of a mental illness.
On Tue 12 Sep at 12:06pm Pedro wrote:
@ corswain, you managed to trespass "troll" territory there yourself with your own definition of it. Bravo.

I may on occasion provoke a reaction (occasionally deliberately, but predominantly not intentionally), but I at least broadly attempt to discuss opinions and topics without slinging insults and personal attacks. I also am consistent with my views, and don't hide behind a glut of aliases to try and emphasise my point. I have no interest in turning any thread into "me", and just respond to personal attacks against me, which I'm surely entitled to do so. If I annoy you, then I would say that is your problem and your own insecurities, rather than mine. Any provocation on a forum could be deemed as minor "trolling" and just a bit mischievous at worst, but the real full-time trolls are those that only serve out abuse and insults, and have no interest in debate or discussion. To willfully (or even unintentionally) do this ad-nauseum seems to me like a bit of a problem.
On Tue 12 Sep at 12:12pm Troll wrote:
What a knob...lol
On Tue 12 Sep at 12:35pm Corswain wrote:
So it is autism? You don't even realise you're doing it? Hopefully if people know this they will react more favourably to your awful posts and be less inclined to say mean things to you.

I remember a forum I was a member of years back that had one particularly socialy incapable member with Aspergers, posted long waffly, barely on topic diatribes and derailed every thread just by posting in it, classic Pedo behaviour. In the end the admins put him on universal ignore, he could post as much as he wanted but nobody ever saw the posts. He was perfectly happy spewing nonsense into the ether and everyone else was happy as they assumed he'd left. Win-win situation really.

Just saying.

Webbo.

Think about it.
On Tue 12 Sep at 12:47pm Pedro wrote:
@ corswain/troll, I think you're doing a bang up job digging your own hole here. You are clearly not an authority on learning disabilities, just ignorant, and rather disrespectful. Your palpable dislike for me is an embarrassment, to you. Stop following me around like a lost puppy and just ignore me, instead of trying to troll and goad me, as you will only get reasonable and rational responses like this, and it will merely irk you further. You'll just end up creating more aliases and come up with more ludicrous unfounded personal attacks to try and make yourself feel better. You are your own worst enemy.
On Tue 12 Sep at 1:43pm Hot Lips wrote:
I don't think it is just one person you wind up....and you seem somewhat obsessed with aliases. It is allowed you know!
On Tue 12 Sep at 2:19pm Pedro wrote:
@ hotlips. Alternate aliases are allowed on here, but they are exploited for abuse at times. If people are wound up by my posts or opinions, then they should just ignore me, rather than resort to stalking me around the forum and offloading their pettiness in the form of personal attacks.

Should they wish to continue pursuing me, then I'm more than happy to indulge and continue their anguish further.
On Tue 12 Sep at 2:35pm Another name wrote:
People have a right to reply to posts if they disagree, without then being accused of being a troll
On Tue 12 Sep at 2:44pm bobobob wrote:
Jeez, give P a break. There's lots of different types of trolling from derailing discussions etc to personal insluts.

@corswain. How does he turn the conversation to himself on a written forum? We each choose what we write. It looks more like people who respond make it about him with personal comments such as suggesting he has a mental illness as you have above. Why wouldn't he reply to things like that?

Every post he has on this thread is replying to posters giving him grief ffs
On Tue 12 Sep at 2:49pm Pedro wrote:
By all means reply, in whatever alias you wish, and if you disagree with a statement I make or an opinion, then counter it with something else other than insults. You know....actually have an adult discussion.

I've disagreed with loads of people but not labelled them trolls. Clifford is someone I would never classify as a troll, yet we strongly disagreed on the topic of the European Union.
On Tue 12 Sep at 4:44pm Yet another name wrote:
I disagree with pretty much everything you say on here.
On Tue 12 Sep at 5:02pm That many names I've wrote:
forgotten most of them
On Tue 12 Sep at 5:10pm Pedro wrote:
@ "yet another name" - fair enough, which obviously means I disagree with your mindset and opinions, but I won't directly insult you with a personal attack (unless in retaliation and heavily provoked) and childishly follow you from thread to thread doing so. I'd just ignore you. Why don't you try the same approach or try to argue exactly why you think I'm wrong on a topic without resorting to playground remarks?
On Tue 12 Sep at 5:40pm Name changed wrote:
A classic pedo post above. lol. And it shows exactly why he irritates the hell out of a lot of forumers
On Wed 13 Sep at 9:53am Honest question wrote:
Peddro, do you own a fedora?
On Wed 13 Sep at 11:30am Pedro wrote:
@ Honest question. No. I had to google "fedora" to confirm your question. What was the reason for the "honest question"?
On Wed 13 Sep at 2:02pm Honest question wrote:
Your posts make you seem like the kind of person who would.
On Wed 13 Sep at 2:19pm Pedro wrote:
Ah right, so its another attempt to try and make some sort of a personal dig at me? I'm sorry that you are unable to argue with me effectively and resort to this.
On Wed 13 Sep at 3:34pm Ride me sideways wrote:
Get off yer high horse pedo ffs
On Wed 13 Sep at 4:49pm Iacton Qruze wrote:
It's the way you phrase your sentences I think, puts one in mind of a slightly overweight fella with a neck beard, doffing his fedora at the fair maidens as they pass by. You do wear a lot of black though, right?
On Wed 13 Sep at 5:33pm Pedro wrote:
In your oddball, embittered world, you are hoping I am all these things, but the reality is I'm none of them. To shatter your bizarre fantasy, i'm optimum weight for my height (over 6ft), thanks to a mostly plant based diet, some exercise, and of course my cannabis fueled high metabolism I'm also clean-shaven most of the time too and I have barely any black clothes. I've confirmed that I'm not a hat person either.

Its safe to say, you shouldn't make a career of trying to profile people for the police. A lot of crimes would go unsolved Well Columbo, at least I've told you a lot of real detailed personal information about me. Where will you go with it next?! I look forward to your next installment
On Wed 13 Sep at 6:02pm Not my name wrote:
You forgot...with an averaged sized dick
On Wed 13 Sep at 7:07pm Admirer wrote:
P.
I already admired you.
Now I downright fancy you after your description.
On Wed 13 Sep at 9:35pm Hot Lips wrote:
Urgh, admirer aka pedr0
On Thu 14 Sep at 1:42pm Pedro wrote:
Urgh, hot lips aka 25 other aliases on here, possibly even including "admirer"!

7 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys 39:136
Harveys

Master-bait. Cum on give us a thumbs up. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT