NTD Professional Web Design and Production

Lewes Forum thread.

Who's burning who?

•      
    On Wed 5 Sep at 8:47am Clog Stomper wrote:
    This is my first bonfire night as i've recently moved in to Lewes (yup...a DF). I gather that burning effigies is a big part of the evening. Does anyone know who's getting the treatment this year?
    On Wed 5 Sep at 8:57am Papier mache wrote:
    That's like asking a mate what colour knickers his wife is wearing.
    On Wed 5 Sep at 9:58am Enoch wrote:
    Effigies - Guido Fawkes and Pope Paul V this year and every year.
    On Wed 5 Sep at 10:18am F Eejey wrote:
    Nevill won't know until they find out who Cliffe is doing
  •      
    On Wed 5 Sep at 10:42am the fate man wrote:
    well i will have some news later for you all
    On Fri 7 Sep at 12:54pm Papier mache wrote:
    I'm famous. The MC spoke about my post at the comedy night at the Con Club. If you need any more material, give me a shout (Oh, and yes, you really do need some new material! lol)
  •      
    On Sat 8 Sep at 6:17pm [Insert name here] wrote:
    NO ONE knows who is burnt until they see the tabs on the fifth (or Neville's on Neville). last year Neville burnt Gadaffi on the strapped to a rocket on the back of Mater (the tow truck from "Cars"), and in 2010 The Cliffe had the houses of parliament, with a giant David Cameron holding Nick Clegg as a puppet. Oh, and if you are going out to see bonfire this year, make sure you wear a hat, heavy shoes and avoid wearing polyester clothes (e.g. thermals), as you will warm up quickly without them, and and if you accidentally caught fire (which is very unlikely but not out of the question), they would melt and stick to you! And for God's sake don't pick up torches from the gutter. they've been put there (by people who know what they are doing) for a reason!

30 posts left in this thread Your response
You must log in to use that name
Name: 
Email: 
Subject: 

Your response:
Click here to add a link »
openSmile
close
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool
Link address: 
terms

Harveys
NTD Web Design Lewes

@ Priory School

A 5 day Performing Arts Summer School for children aged 5-17 yrs.

@ Priory School

@ Priory School

A 3 day Contemporary Dance Summer School. Led by professional dance artist (Matthew...

@ Priory School

@ St Marys Social Centre

A fantastic evening of entertainment. Also food, bar & raffle.

@ Other venue

Our summer events are a FREE morning of activities for all families with children...

@ Priory School

@ Priory School

A 3 day Contemporary Dance Summer School for dancers aged 14-21yrs. Led by...

@ Other venue

A family theatre show for 8-12 year olds all about adventures in the countryside. Imaginative,...

@ Priory School

A 3 day Contemporary Dance Summer School for dancers aged 14-21yrs. Led by...

@ Priory School

@ Other venue

An hour's walk in and around Lewes. No need to book. Please wear suitable shoes and dress for the...

@ Other venue

Award-winning 3-day local family festival with free activities, workshops and performances...

@ Other venue

A family theatre show for 8-12 year olds all about adventures in the countryside. Imaginative,...

@ Lewes Town Hall

Green Light is an exciting new contemporary genre defying 40 piece music...

@ Other venue

Virginia Woolf did not paint or draw but she had close connections to the artistic...

@ The Con Club

Stipe have been around since 1996 and was originally called 'Driver8' then 'Stipe'. Formed by...

@ Other venue

Charity event raising as much money as were able for St Peter & St James Hospice. me and my...

@ Other venue

Traditional village Fete with tea tent, hog roast, bar selling Harvey's Beer...

@ Other venue

Award-winning 3-day local family festival with free activities, workshops and performances...

@ Other venue

@ Other venue

Alciston & Selmeston Flower Show-annual event dating back 100 years. Flower Show...

@ Other venue

@ The Paddock

Enjoy an evening of music with Proms in the Paddock. See poster or visit our web site...

@ Other venue

A quiz in an unusual setting. Come along to glynde to take part in a quiz in a marquee in the recreation...

@ The Elephant and Castle

Bring songs, tunes, readings, stories and poems to...

@ The Con Club

The Ouse Valley Collective is a country/folk band. Formed initially as a three-piece at the...

@ Other venue

@ Other venue

@ Other venue

@ St Michaels Church

Works by Bach, Haydn, Grieg, Chopin, Scriabin etc performed by Paul Wilmot

@ Ringmer Community College

A fun filled week for children aged 6 - 18 years. Monday 3rd to Friday 7th...
Add your Event