NTD Professional Web Design and Production Nu Digital Satellite Services

Lewes Forum thread.

Who's burning who?

•      
    On Wed 5 Sep at 8:47am Clog Stomper wrote:
    This is my first bonfire night as i've recently moved in to Lewes (yup...a DF). I gather that burning effigies is a big part of the evening. Does anyone know who's getting the treatment this year?
    On Wed 5 Sep at 8:57am Papier mache wrote:
    That's like asking a mate what colour knickers his wife is wearing.
    On Wed 5 Sep at 9:58am Enoch wrote:
    Effigies - Guido Fawkes and Pope Paul V this year and every year.
    On Wed 5 Sep at 10:18am F Eejey wrote:
    Nevill won't know until they find out who Cliffe is doing
  •      
    On Wed 5 Sep at 10:42am the fate man wrote:
    well i will have some news later for you all
    On Fri 7 Sep at 12:54pm Papier mache wrote:
    I'm famous. The MC spoke about my post at the comedy night at the Con Club. If you need any more material, give me a shout (Oh, and yes, you really do need some new material! lol)
  •      
    On Sat 8 Sep at 6:17pm [Insert name here] wrote:
    NO ONE knows who is burnt until they see the tabs on the fifth (or Neville's on Neville). last year Neville burnt Gadaffi on the strapped to a rocket on the back of Mater (the tow truck from "Cars"), and in 2010 The Cliffe had the houses of parliament, with a giant David Cameron holding Nick Clegg as a puppet. Oh, and if you are going out to see bonfire this year, make sure you wear a hat, heavy shoes and avoid wearing polyester clothes (e.g. thermals), as you will warm up quickly without them, and and if you accidentally caught fire (which is very unlikely but not out of the question), they would melt and stick to you! And for God's sake don't pick up torches from the gutter. they've been put there (by people who know what they are doing) for a reason!

The Lewes forum is now closed to new posts

Down the Pan
NTD Web Design Lewes

@ Subud House

Mindfulness has been used for thousands of years to promote wellbeing. It is now widely...

@ Other venue

The Retro Plus Market means retro and craft. If you like vinyl music, vintage and second...

@ The Dripping Pan

Final Quiz of the season. Last chance for now to get your hands on that trophy. Doors/bar...

@ The Con Club

Music to get up and dance to - from local Lewes band the KONDOMS! Covers from the 80's...

@ The Lamb

Six piece folk rock band, The Fold, play at the Lamb in Lewes.

@ St Marys Social Centre

BPDcostumes are having a major costume sale on April 26th 2014 at St Mary's social centre...

@ Other venue

Lots of bargains. Refreshments available

@ The Dripping Pan

A Ryman Premier League match

@ The Crown Inn

Emily & Hazel Askew are a young duo making waves on the folk scene with...

@ Other venue

A fabulous morning of comedy, coffee and croissants! 5 International playlets....

@ Priory School

Nearly new bargains: clothes, toys, books and equipment for babies and children. Cafe throughout....

@ All Saints Centre

Eric passes into a painting and walks amongst giant insects who tell him about their...

@ The Con Club

Please come along and join in, lots of bands, including The Contenders, BBQ, Tombola & Auction

@ Equilibrium Studio

Against the backdrop of modern society where stress and superficiality thrive,...

@ Friends Meeting House

Tutor: Geoff Mead Sussex at work is iron and glass, bricks and pots, piers and...

@ St Michaels Church Hall

Pilates is far more than just a muscle toning, stretching and relaxation programme. By...

@ Other venue

Tutor: Haskel Adamson With medical herbalist Haskel Adamson, we will...

@ Other venue

Elisabeth, who runs Wickle on School Hill is celebrating the 10th anniversary with a talk about her...

@ The Elephant and Castle

Lewes poets Janet Sutherland and Jeremy Page launch new collections...

@ Other venue

Plumpton Players present this adult comedy by Alan Bennett

@ Other venue

We invite you to join us and enjoy a friendly and informal breakfast, meet and network...

@ Other venue

An internet celebrity who made his name making a television programme about the Battle of...

@ The Con Club

won't bore you with the details of April. Suffice it to say all three returning acts slayed it to...

@ Other venue

@ Other venue

Add your Event