Daisys Sandwich Bar NTD Professional Web Design and Production

Lewes Forum thread.

Who's burning who?

•      
    On Wed 5 Sep at 8:47am Clog Stomper wrote:
    This is my first bonfire night as i've recently moved in to Lewes (yup...a DF). I gather that burning effigies is a big part of the evening. Does anyone know who's getting the treatment this year?
    On Wed 5 Sep at 8:57am Papier mache wrote:
    That's like asking a mate what colour knickers his wife is wearing.
    On Wed 5 Sep at 9:58am Enoch wrote:
    Effigies - Guido Fawkes and Pope Paul V this year and every year.
    On Wed 5 Sep at 10:18am F Eejey wrote:
    Nevill won't know until they find out who Cliffe is doing
  •      
    On Wed 5 Sep at 10:42am the fate man wrote:
    well i will have some news later for you all
    On Fri 7 Sep at 12:54pm Papier mache wrote:
    I'm famous. The MC spoke about my post at the comedy night at the Con Club. If you need any more material, give me a shout (Oh, and yes, you really do need some new material! lol)
  •      
    On Sat 8 Sep at 6:17pm [Insert name here] wrote:
    NO ONE knows who is burnt until they see the tabs on the fifth (or Neville's on Neville). last year Neville burnt Gadaffi on the strapped to a rocket on the back of Mater (the tow truck from "Cars"), and in 2010 The Cliffe had the houses of parliament, with a giant David Cameron holding Nick Clegg as a puppet. Oh, and if you are going out to see bonfire this year, make sure you wear a hat, heavy shoes and avoid wearing polyester clothes (e.g. thermals), as you will warm up quickly without them, and and if you accidentally caught fire (which is very unlikely but not out of the question), they would melt and stick to you! And for God's sake don't pick up torches from the gutter. they've been put there (by people who know what they are doing) for a reason!

30 posts left in this thread Your response
You must log in to use that name
Name: 
Email: 
Subject: 

Your response:
Click here to add a link »
openSmile
close
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool
Link address: 
terms

Chapel Hill Lewes
NTD Web Design Lewes

@ Christs Church Hall

What price the media we deserve led by Alex Kirby. Talk and discussion...

@ Zu Studios

Wanting to feel space and time in a different way, Naomi Steinberg has set off...

@ All Saints Centre

A Funfair with a twist. All the stands - Bat the Rat, the Incredible Machine, Upside-down...

@ Other venue

Insect Day. Come by and watch how caterpillars turn into beautiful butterflies!...

@ Zu Studios

Come and explore your playful self with this drop in workshop for both adults and...

@ Other venue

Hama Beading. Join us in some Half Term Hama Bead fun! Come and dazzle us with...

@ Other venue

Pond dipping at Plashett Wood Friday 29th May 11am –...

@ The Con Club

Full House are one of the busiest and best sounding rock bands in the South East, with leading guitarist's...

@ Lewes

Lewes Hike & Bike Festival encourages walking and cycling as a way of enjoying and exploring the...

@ The Kings Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qKFWS4_goM THREE COURSES £22 Table...

@ Westgate Chapel

An opportunity for bereaved people of all faiths or none to...

@ Chalk Gallery

Chalk Gallery is celebrating 10 Years since opening with a Birthday Party at the gallery...

@ Lewes

Bored with Lycra? Don’t want mud stripes up your bottom?...

@ The Lewes Arms

Former Guardian journalist Murray Armstrong discusses the early fight for a people's...

@ The Con Club

SATURDAY 30TH MAY 2015 - DICK GAUGHAN Sons Of The Desert Present: DICK GAUGHAN Hailing from...

@ The Elephant and Castle

Martin & Shan sing in beautiful harmony, and occasionally...

@ Other venue

Follow in the footsteps of Virginia Woolf and learn more about the works of...

@ Lewes Little Theatre

A variety of performances by members of the Lewes Theatre Youth Group. Refreshments and homemade...

@ The Con Club

SUNDAY 31ST MAY 2015 - CHARLIE TIPLER Charlie Tipler is an acoustic performer and singer based in...

@ All Saints Centre

The best kept secret deal that will threaten democracy as you have never heard...
Add your Event