Daisys Sandwich Bar Man with a Van and Motocycle

Lewes Forum thread.

Who's burning who?

•      
    On Wed 5 Sep at 8:47am Clog Stomper wrote:
    This is my first bonfire night as i've recently moved in to Lewes (yup...a DF). I gather that burning effigies is a big part of the evening. Does anyone know who's getting the treatment this year?
    On Wed 5 Sep at 8:57am Papier mache wrote:
    That's like asking a mate what colour knickers his wife is wearing.
    On Wed 5 Sep at 9:58am Enoch wrote:
    Effigies - Guido Fawkes and Pope Paul V this year and every year.
    On Wed 5 Sep at 10:18am F Eejey wrote:
    Nevill won't know until they find out who Cliffe is doing
  •      
    On Wed 5 Sep at 10:42am the fate man wrote:
    well i will have some news later for you all
    On Fri 7 Sep at 12:54pm Papier mache wrote:
    I'm famous. The MC spoke about my post at the comedy night at the Con Club. If you need any more material, give me a shout (Oh, and yes, you really do need some new material! lol)
  •      
    On Sat 8 Sep at 6:17pm [Insert name here] wrote:
    NO ONE knows who is burnt until they see the tabs on the fifth (or Neville's on Neville). last year Neville burnt Gadaffi on the strapped to a rocket on the back of Mater (the tow truck from "Cars"), and in 2010 The Cliffe had the houses of parliament, with a giant David Cameron holding Nick Clegg as a puppet. Oh, and if you are going out to see bonfire this year, make sure you wear a hat, heavy shoes and avoid wearing polyester clothes (e.g. thermals), as you will warm up quickly without them, and and if you accidentally caught fire (which is very unlikely but not out of the question), they would melt and stick to you! And for God's sake don't pick up torches from the gutter. they've been put there (by people who know what they are doing) for a reason!

30 posts left in this thread Your response
You must log in to use that name
Name: 
Email: 
Subject: 

Your response:
Click here to add a link »
openSmile
close
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool
Link address: 
terms

Downward dog
NTD Web Design Lewes

@ Other venue

Jumble Sale, organised by Chailey Evening Women’s Institute, including toys, books, clothes and lots of...

@ Barcombe Village Hall

Our annual Easter Bootcamp will be taking place in Barcombe again this year....

@ The Royal Oak

Lewes Saturday Folk Club Workshop No 203 BENNY GRAHAM, BARRIE &...

@ The Royal Oak

Benny (http://www.bennygraham.com/start.htm) is a...

@ Kings Church

Talk and photos by David Nelson for all interested in Myanmar [Burma] for whatever...

@ The Dorset

Not your usual covers band so don't expect to be singing along to Hi-Ho-Silver-Lining. But if...

@ The Con Club

MAUVEpeople is an ever changing & evolving soul funk Latin jazz combo of Brighton singers & musicians...

@ The Con Club

With his diverse and creative blend of ambient folk and country, Jesse Walton is emerging as a leading...

@ All Saints Centre

A Guitar Recital featuring the music of Villa-Lobos, Bach, Albeniz and much more.

@ All Saints Centre

Starring: Rosamund Pike, David Tennant, Billy Connolly, Celia Imrie & Ben...

@ All Saints Centre

Starring: Rosamund Pike, David Tennant, Billy Connolly, Celia Imrie & Ben...

@ All Saints Centre

Acclaimed director Steve James (Hoop Dreams) and executive producers Martin Scorsese (The Departed)...

@ All Saints Centre

Golden Globe nomination 2015: Best Animated Feature Film

@ Lewes Town Hall

Lewes Concert Orchestra give their Spring concert, playing - 4 dance episodes from Rodeo...

@ The Con Club

THE MEOW MEOWS are bringing their blend of south coast ska 'n' soul to...

@ The Con Club

The Invitations are a Brighton based band founded in March 2010. Their talented members bring together...

@ Other venue

Increased personal awareness can help us with a whole range of...

@ All Saints Centre

PG 95mins A young Peruvian bear travels to London in search of a home. Finding himself lost and...

@ All Saints Centre

15 162 BOYHOOD is a US drama, filmed with the same cast over a period of 12 years, showing family life...

@ All Saints Centre

PG 108mins Special Sing-a-long screening back by popular demand! When the newly crowned...

@ All Saints Centre

12A 123mins Academy Award Winner 2015 - Best Actor (Eddie Redmayne) A look at the...

@ St Pancras Church

Palm Sunday procession depicting Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem. Start St Anne's/St...

@ Priory Ruins

Maundy Thursday. Jesus celebrates the Passover meal with his Disciples - the Last Supper. He is...

@ Cliffe High Street

Good Friday. Jesus is brought before Pilate and then Herod. Tried and condemned, Jesus then...

@ St Pancras Church

Silent Walk of Witness. From St Pancras through the town centre to the Mount. Members of...

@ Westgate Chapel

Vic Smith and band fundraising for the Oyster Project Charity

@ Charleston

Drop in between 30 March and 3 April to see willow artist Annemarie O’Sullivan create a piece of...

@ Charleston

‘Secret Garden Trails’ focusing on searching for statues in the Charleston gardens, drawing and...

@ Charleston

Let your child's imaginations run riot for 2 days with a series of varied,...
Add your Event